Tips on Cleaning Porcelain Tiles
December 15, 2017
Though they are extremely durable, tiles can lose their lustre over time, but luckily cleaning porcelain tiles is a relatively simple process. To maintain the fresh look of your tiles you should be cleaning them regularly, at least once or twice per week. This will prevent dirt from building up and staining the tiles. Here are our top tips on how to clean porcelain tiles.
- Vacuum the entire area, removing any loose dirt, hair or dust.
- Sweep using a microfibre mop and hot soapy water. Make sure to pay special attention to corners and edges where dirt and dust builds up the most.
- Scrub the entire area using a soft brush. Put some elbow grease into it, as it’s going to be a hard and tiring job.
- If some of the tiles are stained, try using a white vinegar and water solution to target the stain. You’ll want to make sure that the room is well ventilated for this step.
- Wipe everything over with warm soapy water, and repeat all steps as necessary.
If you find that your grout has an excess amount of staining or that your tiles are dull and aged, you should consider hiring a tile and grout cleaning service. Parklane Tile & Grout Cleaning has over 20 combined years of experience professionally cleaning tile floors of Gold Coast homes and offices.
We use the latest in truck-mounted high-pressure steam and recapture technology, combined with the latest cleaning and steaming systems in order to deliver a cleaned floor that looks new once again. As one of the most experienced tile and grout cleaning companies operating on the Gold Coast we specialise in all residential tiled floor cleaning, outdoor pool areas and driveways (concrete tiles or sandstone tiles). No matter the job or tile we can expertly clean it, seal it and make it last longer.