Spring Cleaning the House? Make Sure to Include Tile and Grout!
December 5, 2017
If it’s that time of year where your home needs a thorough top-to-bottom clean, you want to make sure that you don’t miss important things like the tiles and grout. It can feel daunting tackling so many spaces and tasks that have been neglected for months or even the full year, and most people don’t even know where to begin. To help, here is our simple checklist for the complete clean of your kitchen and bathroom.
The first step is to make a list. Stand in your kitchen while you make it. Open cupboards, walk around and write down everything that needs attention. Then begin with:
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors.
- Cleaning the microwave, oven, dishwasher (yes that needs a clean every once in a while, too), stovetop, range hood, fridge, freezer and any other appliances in your kitchen. If you have a coffee machine, this is a good opportunity to run it through its cleaning cycle. Read the manuals for anything like the dishwasher or oven, that may have a cleaning cycle.
- Wipe and scrub every surface, this includes giving the floor a good scrub.
- If you have wax build up turning your floor yellowish, you need to remove this. If you have tiled flooring in your kitchen this is a great opportunity to give your tiles and gout some love and care. Getting a professional tile and grout cleaner is a great idea, as they can pressure steam clean and seal your tiles and grout making them look like new again.
Often, this is one of the spaces that need the most attention. Make sure that you have all of the cleaning materials and equipment before beginning, and make sure you don’t give up half way through!
- Sweep or vacuum and mop the floor. Wipe down the surrounding baseboards as well.
- Wipe all of the walls down, paying specials attention to all of the corners and edges.
- Vigorously scrub the tile and grout, wipe down the sink, fixtures, mirror, windows and use a disinfectant cleaner for your toilet.
For a professional clean of your bathroom or kitchens tile flooring, give Parkland Tile & Grout Cleaning a call. We have been operating on the Gold Coast for over 10 years and are expertly skilled at tile and grout cleaning and sealing. No matter your tile service needs we can get the job done.