Sandstone cleaning on the Gold Coast
May 5, 2018
Sandstone is a beautiful addition to any home and/or building. Whether it featured inside or outside, sandstone is a timeless classic. Whilst sandstone is not the cheapest option in the construction process, if looked after it can last a lifetime.
Whilst it is beautiful, without regular maintenance sandstone can start to look a little drab and dull, but with a good cleaning schedule you can enjoy your beautiful sandstone for many years to come due to its hardwearing and durable qualities.
Sandstone is easy to maintain, but you do need to be careful to follow a few simple guidelines. At Parklane Tile and Grout Cleaning we’ve done our homework, so you don’t have to.
Sandstone cleaning 101
Sandstones vary in their hardness and porousness, but if you follow a few simple cleaning tips you can guarantee the results will be worth it.
- When cleaning any surface, especially when cleaning sandstone, it is important to remove any loose dirt or debris from the surface. For your indoor sandstone a good suction vacuum is perfect, outdoors a good brush will help to clear the surface.
- Using a good quality cloth or mop, start to clean the surface.
Note – It’s important to remember not to use harsh chemicals on sandstone and to only use a mild cleaning product, if any. It is not advisable to use high pressure cleaning on your sandstone, anything above 800 psi can damage the surface.
- With external sandstone tiles it is important to remove any mould and mildew that might have built up.
- Once you’ve finished cleaning the floor, be sure to rinse the surface well.
- Sandstone is very porous, so it’s advisable not to leave your floor to dry naturally. Use some old towels to dry your sandstone to avoid staining caused by water absorption.
- Once you’ve cleaned your flooring and you are happy with the condition, sealing your sandstone tiles can help keep your sandstone looking great for longer. Sealing needs to be done regularly along with regular cleaning.
Not sure where to start?
Why not call the professionals at Parklane Tile and Grout cleaning? We specialise in tile cleaning on the Gold Coast, so we know the best methods to yield the best results.