Get ready to sell
March 14, 2016
When you are looking to sell your house you really start noticing all those little jobs and pain points that you never got around to but you know could turn a buyer off. Here are few easy tips to make your house presentable for sale.
Firstly, the exterior, the front of your home is the first impression a buyer gets, and it’s hard to come back from a bad first impression.
- Find a home for any mowers, bikes and tools, stow them away out of sight.
- Add a bit of colour to your garden with a few plants, nothing says home like a nice garden entrance.
- Get your sandstone professionally cleaned, you will be surprised how this can transform the entrance.
- Trim your hedges and get all your lawns freshly mowed and all leaves blown.
Take a look at the house itself and decide if it looks it’s best. If you’ve neglected your home a little now’s the time to give it some TLC.
- Check the window frames for chipped paint and add a fresh coat where needed.
- Check all doors and spray some WD40 to prevent creaking.
- Get you concrete and paved areas professionally cleaned, this will add life and colour to old, dirty surfaces.
Now it’s time to take a look around the family home and see what areas need your attention. Once you start looking you won’t be able to help seeing those trouble spots.
- Keep everything as minimal as possible, put toys, ornaments and clutter in a storage area.
- Place fresh flowers and/or some nice diffusers to make your home smell inviting.
- Replace old tired curtains with some new fresh ones.
- Add a few colourful throw cushions to add a splash of colour to a bedroom or Livingroom.
- Repair dripping taps and toilets.
- Replace old cracked mirrors.
- Revitalise cabinets with a coat of fresh paint.
- Get your tiles in the kitchen, bathroom professionally cleaned to make them look like new. This can transform the room from dull and tired, to clean and sparkling
- Get the floors throughout cleaned, tiled floors should be professionally cleaned to make them look like new again.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Get the pets out and mask the smell with some quality fragrances.
- A coat of paint and lift the appearance of a room.
- Clean and tidy the house, use a professional cleaner if you don’t have time. No one wants to buy a grubby house.
Gold Coast Tile Cleaners can add that much needed boast to the inside and outside of your home, so to unlock the true value of your house call us today.